Saturday, September 3, 2011

Slapped With Reality

I just sat there watching the news, 14 million unemployed? Yes, and it keeps rising. What’s sad is those who don’t have a job look at others and it seems like they’re not affected; believe it or not, I’ve heard many say, “If I don’t have it, I don’t want anyone to have.” Pretty selfish if you ask me, but that’s what this world has turned into, selfish people.

For all the ones that are struggling, trying to survive, I guess the unemployment rate didn’t paint much of a happy picture, and when the stock market plummets off and on, I guess it also tells you things are going from bad to worse.

I know many say it fluctuates but is that really true? I think that’s a false sense of thinking because things have never really held on, and the only reason for that is it’s not supposed to. Huh? Was man really supposed to rule man? Has power, ambition and greed blinded him so much they’ve enslaved others to do what they say? I think that’s the answer.

When a person becomes so engrossed trying to get ahead regardless of whom he hurts, that’s a serious problem because the consequences will most definitely be catastrophic.

All of us have seen politicians go into office who once said they were for the people and all of a sudden they’ve been involved in scandals. We may wonder what happened but along the way they lost themselves especially if they were around others who were no good and fed them ideas they naively took in. Sometimes power can be corrupt because it changes a person and you really have to be careful how you use it.

You know who your friends are when you’re in the hospital or out of work and a lot of people have also realized that when they land in jail no one visits them with the exception of their mother; it’s time to do an inventory of what you do and who you hang around.

“I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking to direct his step.” Jeremiah 10:23



No comments:

Post a Comment