Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Friend for All Seasons

Today many people are facing situations they had never faced before and at times they don’t have anyone to turn to; when we’re ill, afraid, don’t know if we’re going to be able to pay our bills or make the mortgage, when we don’t have enough to pay our medicine or we have to forego it in order to feed our family. Those situations can either make us or break us and that’s what we’re facing, we wish it would change but when you watch the news and see the reality it can add to our anxiety and stress.
It’s wonderful to have a confidante or friend, someone who would give us the shirt off their back; a lot of us do have friends like that, however, unfortunately friends come and go and isn’t it true when you need them the most, they’re not there? I’m sure all of us have gone through that, or maybe you’re experiencing that right now.
What do we do? Where do we turn? I turn to God because I don’t have to make an appointment to pray. I pour my heart out and let him know what I’m going through, what I may be experiencing; sometimes the burden is great and I need his help because I can’t do it alone. I have the utmost faith he hears me and will help me. How do I know this? He’s never failed me. “Moreover, without faith it is impossible to please [him] well, for he that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” Hebrews 11:6
I’ve noticed that people have faith in many things whether they realize it or not; if you buy something online and have it delivered, you have faith you will get it in 5-10 working days. A group of imperfect men and women will handle your request and you’re confident you will get what you ordered. Why would you doubt the Sovereign of the Universe if you petition him in prayer? After a close analysis, the latter speaks volumes.
We must always remember no matter the time of day or where you’re at, if you need to talk to someone and are in need, there’s a friend that’s never far away. “Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways, take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment