Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Betrayal of a Man

I sat there looking at the news and saw how Joe Paterno’s son was saying he wished his father was there for the last game of the season. Huh? What did he just say? I couldn’t believe this grown man was crying when he said that, and it was all because his father wasn’t able to attend. I’m not trying to be sarcastic but did he realize his father didn’t say anything over something he knew many years ago? In other words Joe Paterno was as guilty as Jerry Sandusky for remaining quiet and permitting this to go on longer. I know a lot of people will say let it go already but that’s just an excuse so no one talks while pedophiles continue molesting children. I’m not going to let it go.
It makes me sick to see men like that cry over a game, oh boo hoo. If anything he should be crying about his father being an accomplice to child abuse. He should be embarrassed and disgusted. I would if it would’ve been my father. The gall to think you can just cry over what happened and everyone’s supposed to feel sorry for you because your father who was a winning coach wasn’t at the game. It was his own fault he wasn’t there.
What about the victims? Who cried for them the first time it happened and they stood there wondering what was going on?  Who cried for them when they were being led to the showers and touched in places they never dreamed of? Who cried for them when they were being sodomized? Who cried for them when their whole demeanor changed and they knew they would never be the same again?
We’re Penn State; really? Yes I know everyone hugged, got down on their knees and there was a moment of silence for the victims; just a moment of silence for years of suffering and abuse? Were they kidding or what? Try telling that to the victims and the families that are going through this pain. They would probably tell you to keep your moment of silence and give back the childhood that was stolen, but that’s not possible is it, because it was stolen by a pervert.

We're Penn State? Really? I think they need to think about that statement because after the way they behaved defending those involved, does that mean they're all a bunch of perverts?
These predators and pedophiles that go around abusing and taking advantage of children think they can hide behind organizations and their own persona, then say they didn’t do anything and people are supposed to believe them. They’re a disgrace. The sad thing is many know what’s happening but don’t report it because their job may be in jeopardy. The ones that are courageous and bold enough to take them on corroborate with the child that they were seen performing a sexual act.
Joe Paterno isn’t new to child abuse, he’s just one of many that knew something and didn’t reveal it so because of that his image is tarnished. I can no longer see him the same way I did before though I never cared about college football, and I don’t think anyone can hear the name Penn State and not think of the child abuse scandal that happened there where no one said anything including the famous Joe Paterno.

When I was sitting in my room yesterday I thought about all those people who were attending Penn State when that happened; I wondered how they feel knowing they were paying a school that permitted that to happen. I know they didn’t know so it’s not like they could do anything about it, but I would be angry that I too financed that institution.
All of us can see that people are not willing to put up with it anymore and a person needs to continue talking about it. If you stop, they win, thus talk and talk some more because the more focus on it the better it is for victims to know pedophiles are being cornered everywhere they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment