Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chaz and Dancing with the Stars

Yesterday I was watching “Dancing with the Stars” and saw when Chaz was eliminated. I’m not going to say I agree with the decision he made because it’s not my place to decide for him. I will say I don’t agree with the judges being so offensive. It almost seemed as if they were repulsed every time he got in front of them and decided they were going to reprimand him.
I have a problem with Bruno and his metaphors. He can be extremely cutting when he gives his comments. I think he forgets he flares up and throws his arms in the air with his crooning voice and no one says anything. I also think Len forgets he was young at one time and what may be behind all his fault finding is envy towards the dancers. And I think that Carrie Ann who found Maks disrespectful towards Len has forgotten the times that Len AND Bruno have disrespected the rest. She’s also guilty of doing the same thing. The only time she gave Chaz a better score and cried after tearing him apart the week earlier was when Cher was in the audience, thus I don’t believe anything that comes out of her mouth.
Chaz proved his point whatever he was trying to prove. He said teens could be whatever they want. I know he didn’t mean teens could go on a show and be mocked, rejected and made out to look like fools for a decision they made. I think he didn’t mean that. I don’t think he ever had a chance. People made their mind up from the beginning and they weren’t going to change it.
What I saw in “Dancing with the Stars” was a show that was full of hypocritical people all vying for the first place. I know JR said, “Everyone wants to win but no one wants it more than I do.” Yeah okay. Try telling that to the rest that practice endlessly pushing their body just to learn the dance; I think that statement was wrong.
I know it’s a dancing competition but we also know that people have favorites and no matter how bad they dance, they’re voted in. I also believe the judges have their favorites and sometimes the person’s title means a lot to them. They may as well rename it, “Voting for Your Favorite regardless of how they Dance.”
Ricki Lake is a very good dancer and her personality makes you warm up to her. Nancy Grace is a prosecutor and the judges respect her for that. However she proved to be ruthless when she told Tristan if anyone had every told him he sounded like a troll. Tristan who’s the new kid on the block didn’t say anything; I was embarrassed for him. Hope Solo is an athlete that’s not sexy enough in their eyes. They even told Maks to teach her how to walk. Who’s being disrespectful?
Rob Kardashian is just wonnnnnderfullll; his mom and sisters are there in the audience and you can always hear one of them yelling out to the judges what score to give him. I’m sure he has a lot of people that vote for him, but as much as I try to see what they do, I can’t seem to find it. I wish he would stop saying he’s not a man yet because people will start to see him like a mama’s boy and not give him any credit. One day Cheryl Burke even called him a boy; pretty embarrassing.
I don’t think much of Arquette; many people think he’s funny, the judges like him, go figure.
This year “Dancing with the Stars” tried to show everyone they’re inclusive and they only did that for ratings. It was the same bickering you always have with the same dance routines and boring songs. I didn’t find anything interesting about ballroom dancing because one pretty much knows what to expect.
The only thing I hope if Chaz learned anything is not be in a situation where you’re a public display of indirect verbal abuse; you will have to endure weeks of ridiculing and insults from people you don’t even know, have met for the first time and will probably never talk to again. Didn't he know that's what he was going to get? He was the only one that never really lost any weight and it’s because of all the tension he was in. If you’re going to go on a show and go through that you may as well say, “No thanks.”

As a society people have become extremely mean spirited and cold. They will go to the extreme to hurt you if they don’t agree with you. The days are gone where a person thought before they talked. Now it’s at all cost and no mercy. The result of that has been people have gotten killed and we need to step back and see if our behavior is aggravating the situation or helping it. We are accountable for our actions and I don’t care if you’re a judge like they said; they don’t have a right to tear someone apart and think their words don’t have an effect on the person.
Are you doing everything in your power to be kind to others or do you get online and type brutal and disparaging remarks about someone else, someone you don’t even know? Are you guilty of the same thing and talk down to another person just because you may not like them? Have you ever thought that could be you? How would you feel?
I know no one wants to have someone else’s blood on their hands...


No comments:

Post a Comment